Local Professional Development Committee
The Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) is a standing committee whose members are appointed by the Licensure Committee. The LPDC is comprised of at least five members – one from each of the five regions of the state – and are members of the Licensure Committee. There must be at least one business manager member of the committee. There may also be “at-large” members if the Licensure Committee wishes to make such appointments.
The purpose of this committee is to provide a way for licensed individuals who are either working in other professions, unemployed, or retired, to link their continuing professional development to the maintenance of their Treasurer or Business Manager official license.
Committee work includes:
- Creating and managing the standards, policies, and procedures for school treasurer/CFO/SBO growth through professional development.
- Ensuring that licensed CFOs/SBOs stay highly qualified in their field, resulting in continuing licensure.
This committee meets on an as-needed basis to review any participant’s professional development plans and progress.
- Chair: Nick Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org (Two-year term, appointed FY 22)
- Vice Chair: John Espy, email@example.com (Two-year term, appointed FY 22)
- Board Liaison: Melcie Wells, firstname.lastname@example.org (Board Immediate Past President)
- Staff Liaison: Jim Rowan, email@example.com (Executive Director)