The Legislative Committee is a standing committee that any OASBO Member may join. The purpose of this committee is to act as a resource in guiding members through the legislative advocacy process, and to provide members the necessary tools to participate in legislative advocacy.
Committee work includes:
- Reviewing and updating OASBO’s Legislative Platform every two years for review and approval by the OASBO Board;
- Studying proposed legislation and recommending positions consistent with the OASBO’s Legislative Platform;
- Being actively involved in promoting other member involvement with proposed legislation, their sponsors, members of the General Assembly and the Administration according to OASBO positions.
The Legislative Committee meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- Chair: Matthew Ketcham, firstname.lastname@example.org (Two-year term, appointed FY 20)
- Vice Chair: Jared Bunting, email@example.com (Two-year term, appointed FY 20)
- Board Liaisons: Chris Potts, firstname.lastname@example.org (Board CE Regional Director); Kent Zeman, (Board NE Regional Director); Brad Deleruyelle, email@example.com (Board NW Regional Director); Scott Paul, (Board SE Regional Director); Chris Poetter, firstname.lastname@example.org (Board SW Regional Director)
- Staff Liaison: Katie Johnson, email@example.com (Deputy Executive Director)