Professional Standards Agenda
OASBO will uphold a high standard of professionalism for school business officials throughout the state. School business officials are crucial members of the school district leadership team that meets public demand for accountability and reporting and expectations to uphold their fiduciary responsibility as strong stewards of public dollars.
It is imperative that school business officials are prepared to meet the challenges of today and the unknown pressures of the future. OASBO is poised to promote sound public policy that recognizes the needs and requirements of the state's public school business profession.
OASBO will promote a high level of professionalism within our membership and work for sound public policy decisions that support that effort, including policies that:
- Appropriately address and mitigate the liability exposure for school business officials.
- Promote and educate school boards and the education community on the reporting structure for school district management where the treasurer/CFO and superintendent each report to the Board of Education.
- Encourage the development and implementation of programs for professional and personal growth.
- Promote a diverse and representative professional membership.
- Provide adequate and appropriate requirements for attaining and retaining licensure.
- Support programs and opportunities that enhance the working relationship between school business officials, superintendents, boards of education, and stakeholders.
- Promote and support innovation and best practices in school business management.
- Provide avenues through state agencies and other resources for school business official training and ongoing support.
- Require regular review of the Ohio Treasurer Standards and the Ohio Treasurer Evaluation System in accordance with the rules and procedures established under Ohio Revised Code Sections 3319.60, 3319.61 and 3319.612.