Professional Standards Agenda
OASBO will uphold a high standard of professionalism for school business officials throughout the state. School business officials are crucial members of the school district leadership team that meets public demand for accountability and reporting.
It is imperative that school business officials are prepared to meet the challenges of today and the unknown pressures of the future. OASBO is poised to promote sound public policy that recognizes the needs and requirements of the state's public school business profession.
OASBO will promote a high level of professionalism within our membership and work for sound public policy decisions that support that effort, including the following:
- Policies that protect school business officials from inappropriate liability exposure.
- The continuation of the current reporting structure for school district management where the treasurer/CFO and superintendent each report to the Board of Education.
- Policies that encourage the development and implementation of programs for professional and personal growth.
- Adequate and appropriate requirements for attaining and retaining licensure.
- Programs and opportunities that enhance the working relationship between school business officials, superintendents, boards of education, and stakeholders.
- The promotion of innovation and best practices in school business management.
- Avenues through state agencies and other resources for school business official training and ongoing support.