Student Needs Agenda
OASBO's goal is to provide high quality educational opportunities for all students, regardless of socio-economic status, cultural background, or geographic location. Students will be prepared to compete in a world economy as successful, productive citizens.
The education system in Ohio must offer a safe environment for learning, and the necessary educational tools and resources that will ensure a well-rounded education experience.
OASBO supports an education system that includes the following provisions, along with the funding to fulfill them:
- Appropriate, environmentally conscious classroom facilities and infrastructure to support technology conducive to a positive learning environment (with provisions for student safety, comfortable surroundings, and appropriate space) for all students.
- Data-driven decision making and the use of other scientific measures that lead to programs that help students succeed. Avenues should be encouraged for districts to implement best practices.
- Nutrition and wellness programs to meet the physical health needs of students.
- Services for students with all levels of special needs.
- Appropriate access to educational opportunities for all students and ranges of ability, including a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
- Access to intervention and remediation for those students identified.
- Comprehensive early childhood education programs. Particular attention should be given to providing access to research-based early childhood education programs for students who are at risk.
- Reasonable testing levels of proficiency, achievement and progress, required and funded.
- Accountability and consistency in student reporting for all schools receiving public funds with all schools subject to consistent and rigorous student and fiscal accountability.