Student Needs Agenda
OASBO's goal is to provide high quality educational opportunities for all students, regardless of socio-economic status, cultural background, or geographic location. Students will be prepared to compete in a world economy as successful, productive citizens.
The education system in Ohio must offer a safe environment for learning, and the necessary educational tools and resources that will ensure a well-rounded education experience.
OASBO supports an education system that includes the following provisions, along with the funding to fulfill them:
- Appropriate, environmentally conscious classroom facilities and infrastructure to support technology conducive to a positive learning environment (with provisions for student safety, comfortable surroundings, and appropriate space) for all students.
- Data-driven decision making and the use of other scientific measures that lead to programs that help students succeed. Avenues should be encouraged for districts to implement best practices.
- Nutrition and wellness programs to meet the physical health needs of students.
- Services for students with all levels of special needs.
- Appropriate access to educational opportunities for all students and ranges of ability, including a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
- Access to intervention and remediation for those students identified.
- Comprehensive early childhood education programs. Particular attention should be given to providing access to research-based early childhood education programs for students who are at risk.
- Reasonable testing levels of proficiency, achievement and progress, required and funded.
- Accountability and consistency in student reporting for all schools receiving public funds with all schools subject to consistent and rigorous student and fiscal accountability.
Upcoming ODE Deadlines
Single Audit Reort due for school districts to ODE Grants Management Office
Last day for Board action on administrator contracts
Updataed Five Year Forecast mandatory submission period begins