Approved by the OASBO Board of Directors in 2020, the organization's Strategic Plan is a living document used to guide OASBO's growth and governance. A new strategic plan is created every three years.
Goal 1: Be the respected authority on laws and legislation impacting public school finance and operations, and, speaking with a united voice, ensure members are empowered to influence and educate on these issues.
- Increase training opportunities to prepare SBOs to advocate for or against legislation at a state or local level.
- Encourage and strengthen collaboration among school districts to speak with a united voice and a common message in our advocacy efforts.
- Increase resources to prepare SBOs to influence and educate legislators at a state or local level.
- Strengthen relationships with legislators and key policymakers.
- Speaking with a united voice and a common message, increase advocacy efforts for an adequate, equitable and sustainable funding formula and additional resources for operations, facility improvements and technology.
Goal 2: Be recognized as an organization that embraces and empowers an engaged membership in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Establish and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion professional development and training for members and staff.
- Increase school business profession recruitment efforts, with a focus on diverse populations.
- Create outreach efforts to reach diverse SBOs.
- Expand/Update membership database to capture pertinent demographic info.
- Communicate leadership opportunities and organizational structure.
Goal 3: Be the essential learning platform for the development and delivery of relevant content for SBOs.
- Increase innovative delivery models.
- Increase the use of SBOs in delivery of content.
- Increase relevant and targeted training opportunities for all SBOs.
- Highlight SBO knowledge and innovation through increased content delivery.
Goal 4: Be the essential organization for the development and recruitment of SBOs.
- Increase school business profession recruitment efforts through college/university job fairs and school district level support staff recruitment efforts
- More online courses.
- Maintain affordable fees for membership and events.
- Increase mentoring program for all SBOs through more active membership promotion.