OASBO offers seminars, webinars, and on-demand, self paced courses for all career stages and skill levels of Ohio's school business officials. Whether you are seeking your business manager or treasurer license, or you are a seasoned school business official wanting to stay current on topics impacting the profession, OASBO has you covered.
We offer contact hours towards CEUs for licensure, CPE credit towards CPA licenses, and college credit through our partnership with Ashland University.
OASBO also has an approved Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) for those licensed individuals working in other professions,or those unemployed or retired treasurers who need to complete yearly LPDC requirements to maintain licensure. The OASBO LPDC can ONLY serve individuals with a current, valid Ohio treasurer or business manager license. Click here for more information on our LPDC committee.
2022-23 Professional Development Schedule
- July 11-12, 2022 - Essentials of Business Ops
- July 13-14, 2022 - Essentials of Financial Mgmt & Administration
- July 15 & 18 2022 - Essentials of School Funding & Finance
- July 19-20, 2022 - Essentials of Budgeting & Forecasting
- July 21-22, 2022 - Essentials of HR
- July 25, 2022 - Essentials of Leadership
- July 27, 2022 - ALPHA Webinar
- August 10, 2022 - Special Funds Webinar
- September 8, 2022 - Fall Hot Topics
- September 12, 2022 - Treasurer/CFO Planning Series - Second Quarter
- September 14, 2022 - Monthly Webinar
- September 9, 2022 - Accounts Payable (Northwest)
- September 20, 2022 - Accounts Payable (Southwest)
- September 21, 2022 - Accounts Payable (Northeast)
- September 28, 2022 - Accounts Payable (Southeast)
- September 29, 2022 - Accounts Payable (Central)
- September 22-23, 2022 - Leadership Conference
- September 27-28, 2022 - Essentials of Business Operations
- October 4, 2022 - Business Operations Hot Topics
- October 10 & 13, 2022 - Leadership Institute - Session 1
- October 12, 2022 - Monthly Webinar
- October 11, 2022 - Regional Fall School Finance (Northwest)
- October 12, 2022 - Regional Fall School Finance (Northeast)
- October 19, 2022 - Regional Fall School Finance (Southeast)
- October 20, 2022 - Regional Fall School Finance Virtual (Central)
- October 26, 2022 - Regional Fall School Finance (Southwest)
- October 24 & 27, 2022 - Leadership Institute - Session 2
- November 2, 2022 - Monthly Webinar - Health Insurance Trends
- November 9, 2022 - Treasurer/CFO Planning Series - Third Quarter
- January 11, 2023 - Monthly Webinar
- January 18-19, 2023 - Essentials of School Funding & Finance
- January 26, 2023 - January Hot Topics
- February 2, 2023 - Student Activities/Booster Groups Seminar
- February 8, 2023 - Monthly Webinar
- February 8, 2023 - Regional Payroll (Northwest)
- February 9, 2023 - Regional Payroll (Southwest)
- February 15, 2023 - Regional Payroll (Northeast)
- February 21, 2023 - Regional Payroll (Southeast)
- February 22, 2023 - Regional Payroll (Central)
- February 27, 2023 - School Comp (Southwest)
- February 28, 2023 - School Comp (Northwest)
- March 1, 2023 - School Comp (Northeast)
- March 2, 2023 - School Comp (Southeast)
- March 3, 2023 - School Comp (Central)
- March 3, 2023 - Northeast Region Chapters' Joint Workshop
- March 8, 2023 - Monthly Webinar
- March 8-9, 2023 - Essentials of Budgeting & Forecasting
- March 16, 2023 - Grants Management
- March 23, 2023 - Treasurer/CFO Planning Series - Fourth Quarter
- March 28, 2023 - Superintendent/Treasurer Symposium
- April 12, 2023 - Monthly Webinar
- April 17-20, 2023 - OASBO Annual Conference & Expo
- May 10, 2023 - Monthly Webinar
- May 11, 2023 - Essentials of Leadership
- May 18, 2023 - Treasurer/CFO Planning Series - First Quarter
- June 7, 2023 - Facilities Conference
- June 14, 2023 - Monthly Webinar
- June 22-23, 2023 - Strategic Planning Seminar & Retreat for Business Operations
- Last Week of September - Support Staff Conference
Visit OASBO's Learn site to browse and register for webinars, seminars, and on-demand content.
Ohio Standards for School Business Managers and Treasurers
For those school business officials who are new to the profession, we offer a formal mentoring program. Click here to learn more.
OASBO offers the following education credit types:
Contact Hours towards CEUs
1 CEU = 10 contact hours
Treasurer/CFOs must complete 18 CEUs (180 contact hours) every five years in order to renew their license.
After completion of an OASBO seminar/workshop, each participant will be issued Contact Hours for the number of hours of instruction received. You can print a transcript of your contact hours earned by logging into your account, clicking the "My OASBO" tab, and clicking the "Generate Transcript" button located in the grey "Welcome Back!" box on the right. You can even designate a date range; printing only credits earned during a specific timeframe.
Per Ohio law, as "public funds managers," public school district treasurer/CFOs must annually complete 6 hours of continuing education in the investment and management of public finances. Established and managed by the Ohio Treasury’s Center for Public Investment Management (CPIM), official CPIM credit can only be earned at such courses that have been pre-approved to qualify for such credit. Some of OASBO's professional development offerings and chapter meetings provide official CPIM training. Any approved offering is noted on the agenda.
If you are a chapter officer seeking CPIM credit for a chapter meeting, all paperwork must go through OASBO. Please contact OASBO’s Events Manager, Nadeen Askew at email@example.com for more information.
For more information on CPIM credit, including the official process for reporting your hours, please click here.
Through a partnership with Ashland University, OASBO offers college credit for some of our courses. A statement will be posted on the event detail page of those courses offering Ashland credit. Registration forms will be available at the event.
1 CPE = 1 contact hour
Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) must adhere to the continuing education requirements set forth by the State Board of Accountancy. All OASBO seminars have been approved by the Ohio State Accountancy Board for CPE credit.
The Accountancy Board of Ohio will accept OASBO members’ transcript as printed from their account/profile as it shows the date, course name/subject area, and number of hours received.