Regional Distinguished Service Awards
The Distinguished Service Awards Program is a series of five regional awards, recognizing one individual from each region. Recipients of these awards are recognized for significant contributions to the public good. Of the five award recipients, an overall winner will be chosen to receive the Virginia Ramsey Service Award.
Virginia Ramsey is a retired Ohio school business official. Virginia dedicated many hours to improving OASBO’s Annual Conference & Expo each and every year. As a result, in 2004, the OASBO Board of Directors created the First Annual Virginia Ramsey award to recognize her for her significate contributions to the OASBO Annual Conference & Expo.
The recipient of the Virginia Ramsey Award is encouraged to submit their application materials to ASBO International for the Eagle Award.
- Any Ohio school business official is eligible to be nominated for this award.
- Members of the OASBO Board of Directors and the Foundation Board of Trustees are not eligible for awards.
Nominations will be submitted by the OASBO Regional Directors using the Regional Distinguished Service Award application form. The Foundation Board of Trustees will serve as the selection committee. The selection criteria will be based on the following:
- How the candidate has assisted the local school entity in maximizing its financial resources beyond the requisite job responsibilities.
- How the candidate was involved in local community activities, outside the duties of school business administrator, and relating how the community has benefited from your efforts.
- How the candidate’s commitment to the profession has helped to improve school business management at the local, state/or national levels, by providing professional development opportunities to others.
Awards and Scholarship Recipients
Distinguished Service Awards
The Foundation will make a contribution of $500 to an eligible organization in the name of the award recipient to fund a scholarship for a graduating senior from a high school in the district that employs the award recipient.
Virginia Ramsey Award
The Foundation will make a contribution of $1,000 to an eligible organization in the name of the award recipient to fund a scholarship for a graduating senior from a high school in the district that employs the award recipient.
In the case of each award, the eligible organization or a selection committee determined by the eligible organization shall select the scholarship recipient. The eligible organization shall take into account criteria (such as financial need, academic performance, or performance in a particular area) proposed by the award recipient.
The term “eligible organization” refers to a school district or charitable organization meeting criteria established by the Foundation and reflected in the “Organizations Eligible to Receive Foundation Grants for Scholarships” document attached hereto. An award winner may be asked to assist in identifying an eligible organization to receive the contribution and make the scholarship awards.
Each year, award winners will be honored at the OASBO Annual Conference & Expo.
Click here to download the application.
See past winners.