Created by the OASBO Board of Directors in 2017, the organization's Strategic Plan is a living document used to guide OASBO's growth and governance. A new strategic plan is created every three years.
Goal 1: Be the essential pathway for development and recruitment of all SBOs in Ohio.
- Increase additional licensure pathways for treasurers and business managers.
- Increase training opportunities and resources for school finance and operations roles.
- Increase opportunities for mentorship/internship programs.
- Increase or enhance professional development opportunities by evaluating partnerships with other organizations.
- Increase the quantity and quality of the candidate pool for SBO positions.
Goal 2: Be the respected authority on legislation impacting school finance and operations.
- Increase advocacy efforts for an adequate, equitable and sustainable funding formula and additional resources for operations, facility improvements and technology.
- Increase training opportunities and resources to prepare SBOs to advocate for or against legislation.
- Strengthen relationships with legislators and key policymakers.
- Influence the establishment of consistent standards of accountability between choice schools and public schools.
Goal 3: Be the preferred association for strengthening SBOs relationships with their stakeholders.
- Increase programs to develop SBOs’ leadership and communication skills to strengthen relationships within the school community.
- Increase the awareness and education of the school community about the essential roles and responsibilities of SBOs.
- Improve public opinion about public schools.