Created by the OASBO Board of Directors in 2014, the organization's Strategic Plan is a living document used to guide OASBO's growth and governance. A new strategic plan is created every three years.
Goal 1: Review current governance and leadership structure and investigate alternative models
(Board, Chapters and Committees).
- Determine what skill sets are needed on the board to advance the goals
- We want the most efficient and effective governance model for the organization
- Non-board members on task force
- Maintain opportunities for involvement
- Time demands of members has increased
- Examine member/vendor relationships
- Survey members
- To enhance ability to execute strategic plan
- Increase flexibility and efficiency
Task force reports to board.
Begin Fall 2014; findings report to board May 2015
Goal 2: Facilitate the creation of peer developed tools to be used by school business officials in fulfilling their duties.
- The focus of the initial tool to be developed will apply to forecasting. This process will lead to the development of additional models as needed by school business officials.
- Develop checklist for completion of the 5-year-forecast with treasurer and vendors for presentation of the same
- Development teams will include members and Service Affiliate members
- Inclusion of Service Affiliate members will be broad based
- Model for development of other Peer Review Programs (non-proprietary)
- Vetting of peers and setting of ground rules
Task force with accountability to the Board.
Begin July 1, 2014; complete June 30, 2017
Goal 3: Develop a strategy to communicate the value of OASBO membership and SBO professional role.
- Plan will target members and non-members, boards of education and superintendents
- Ellipsis Partners report will identify the need for communication function
- Implies board and organization will need to allocate resources, including staff and financing
- A marketing strategy will be developed (includes communication by members to target audiences)
- Surveymonkey used for both members and non-members
Staff, member retention, recruitment of new members. Follow with survey and analysis.
Strategy in place for the membership drive of 2016
Goal 4: Evaluate professional development subjects and identify the best available method to deliver the topics.
- Not every professional development subject can be delivered using the same format
- Will be influenced by tech report
- Some subjects are best delivered face to face
- Cost of delivery method will dictate options
- Length of professional development will be a factor in determining what professional development is chosen, both online and in person
- Limited time to devote to professional development
- Will sync with professional development plan and technology plan
- Take evaluations into consideration
- Offer online CEUs
OASBO – Professional Development committee and seminar directors, staff, curriculum consultant
Completed by October 31, 2015 with ongoing assessment.
Goal 5: Develop a technology plan that will inform OASBO’s strategic plan and guide tech budget.
- Utilize Ellipsis Partner’s report to target specific technology areas
- OASBO Plan with specific steps
- Flexibility with evolving technologies
- Allocate resources
- Evaluate plan in relation to strategic plan
- Balance money, time and resources
- Monitor web traffic to quantify usage and target specific use
- Survey members
Plan by 2014; implementation completed by 2016