Emerging Leaders Scholarship Program
Ohio school business officials with five years of experience or less who want to expand their professional network, skills and leadership abilities are invited to participate in OASBO’s brand new Emerging Leader Scholarship Program. If you're interested in becoming more involved in OASBO's chapters, committees, and leadership positions this is the program for you! You'll receive a $1,000 scholarship to attend the 2019 OASBO/PASBO Leadership Institute - Battle of Lake Erie, and recognition as an Emerging Leader at a variety of OASBO events. Take the next step in your professional development and apply today!
Applications/nominations due March 1, 2019.
Emerging Leaders Scholarship Program DetailsPreference will be given to applicants who have been in the current role for five years or less. This includes combined time in the present position in current and other school districts.
Professional membership with OASBO is required. Applicants must be employed full-time in the school business profession. This includes finance and accounting, purchasing, food service/nutrition, risk management, transportation, facilities, and other positions that fall under the school business office purview.
- Interested in becoming involved in OASBO’s chapters/committees
- Interested in becoming a future leader of OASBO’s Board of Directors, Chapters or Committees
- Commitment to networking with other program participants to encourage personal/professional growth
- A $1,000 scholarship to attend the 2019 Battle of Lake Erie Leadership Conference (August 4-6, 2019 – Erie, Pennsylvania)
- Recognition at various OASBO events
Nominating a Colleague
Nominations may be submitted by including your name, school district, nominee’s name, nominee’s school district and nominee’s email address. In addition, your nomination should state the reason you believe they deserve to receive an OASBO Emerging Leader Scholarship.
- Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded (2 per region)
- Regional Directors will work with chapters to identify potential candidates
- The OASBO Board of Directors will make the final determination for scholarship recipients.
Application materials will be due by March 1, 2019 and will be available soon.
The following materials are required with your application:
- One-page cover letter stating why you are applying and the contributions you will bring to the program and to OASBO.
- Letter of recommendation from your Superintendent or Board President
- Resume, including professional responsibilities and credentials, involvement in professional associations (including chapter/committee representation), and a list of any publications, presentations or awards
- Responses to the following two questions:
- What motivated you to become a school business official?
- In what ways have you demonstrated your commitment to the profession?
Click here to download the application.