Chuck Gossett Legislative Advocacy Award
The Chuck Gossett Legislative Advocacy Award was established in 2004 in memory of this former OASBO President (2004-2005). Chuck was very active in the organization with a special interest in public policy and advocacy for education and education funding. The scholarship recognizes an OASBO member for exemplary service to the organization through contributions of time and expertise on legislative issues and involvement.
The Chuck Gossett Legislative Advocacy Award recipient will receive $1000 to be awarded to a high school senior(s) in the school district where the recipient is employed as a school business official (the number of seniors and the dollar amount for each will be determined by the OASBO scholarship recipient).
The high school senior(s) must attend college beginning in the fall of the next school year studying the government, civics, political science, law, or other field of study related to the democratic process (to be determined at the discretion of the OASBO scholarship recipient).
- Member of OASBO for at least 3 years
- Member of the Legislative Committee is preferred but not required
- Current Members of the OASBO Board of Directors and Foundation Board are ineligible.
Debbie Gossett and OASBO’s Advocacy Specialist will nominate individuals(s) for the award. The Governing Board of the Foundation for School Business Management will serve as the selection committee. The selection criteria will be based on the following:
- Demonstrated a commitment to the OASBO legislative program through participation on the legislative committee and in local legislative activities.
- Maintains a working relationship with his/her own current legislators.
- Encourages peers to be involved in advocacy and legislative issues by example and active promotion of the OASBO legislative program.