Education Finance Committee/ODE Advisory Committee
The Education Finance/ODE Advisory Committee is a standing committee that any OASBO Member may join. The purpose of the committee is to promote efficient school reporting and accounting procedures and make recommendations for possible state policy changes related to school finance working with other organizations and state agencies to resolve finance issues.
Committee work includes:
- Preparing and distributing guidance on reporting and fiscal accountability issues.
- Acting as a liaison with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and the Center for School Finance;
- Inviting guests other from organizations and agency’s such as Auditor of State (AOS) and Ohio Department of Taxation (ODT) to committee meetings to discuss policy changes related to school finance.
This committee meets the third Wednesday every other month at 10:00 a.m., with the meetings falling in the months of August, October, December, February, April, and June.
- Chair: Jeff Dornbush, firstname.lastname@example.org (Two-year term, appointed FY 20)
- Vice Chair: Tom Siloy, email@example.com (Two-year term, appointed FY 20)
- Board Liaisons: Brad Deleruyelle, firstname.lastname@example.org (Board NW Regional Director)
- Staff Liaison: Katie Johnson, email@example.com (Deputy Executive Director)