Hot Topics - Licensure & Proper Public Purpose - Recorded SessionsOn April 3, 2017, OASBO provided a Hot Topics seminar in Columbus that covered various areas involving educator licenses, audits, professional conduct issues, proper public purpose, insurance coverages, technology solutions, and more. There were many key takeaways to ensure that districts' policies and practices are sound in these areas, and to institute protections to keep you from unintended issues.
Each session of this seminar is available for purchase. Purchase all 5 recordings and save $25 and earn up to 4 contact hours. One seminar costs $25 for members and $50 for non-members, or buy all five for $100 for members and $200 for non-members. Buy and view recordings now!
These sessions can be purchased by credit card only and are nonreturnable, nonrefundable purchases.
Vol. 1 - Crime Coverage and Performance Bonds
A recording of the Crime Coverage and Performance Bonds portion of the April 3, 2017 Hot Topics: Licensure & Proper Public Purpose Seminar. This segment of the seminar was presented by Bill Petro of Ohio School Plan.
Vol. 2 - Educator Licenses - Auditor of State
A recording of the Educator Licenses portion of the April 3, 2017 Hot Topics: Licensure & Proper Public Purpose Seminar. This segment of the seminar was presented by Robert Hinkle and Mark Altier from the Auditor of State Office.
Topics covered include:
- Finding for Recovery ORC 117.28 (Illegal Expenditure of Public Funds)
- Grievances/Litigation and District’s ability to Settle
Vol. 3 - Educator Licenses - Ohio Dept of Education
A recording of the Educator Licenses presentation at the April 3, 2017 Hot Topics: Licensure & Proper Public Purpose Seminar.
- Julia Simmerer – Senior Executive Director, Center for the Teaching Profession
- Immy Singh – Director, Office of Educator Licensure
- Lori Kelly – Director, Office of Professional Conduct
- Kerry Martinez – Assistant Director, Office of Professional Conduct
- Mary Rose – Data Administration Manager
Topics covered includes:
- Types of Licenses and Permits
- Pending Licenses
- Teaching in Assignment Area
- Treasurer Responsibilities
- Investigations (Professional Conduct)
Vol. 4 - Proper Public Purpose - Ohio Auditor of State
This is a recording of the Proper Public Purpose segment of the April 3, 2017 Hot Topics Seminar. Robert Hinkle and Mark Altier from Auditor of State Office presented.
Topics covered include:
- Audit Bulletins 2003-005 and 2004-002
- Board Resolutions/Policies (Wellness, Lunches, Awards, Incentives, etc.)
Vol. 5 - Software Tracking Solutions
This is a recording of the Software Solutions portion of the April 3, 2017 Hot Topics: Licensure & Proper Public Use Seminar. This segment was presented by Tom Mitchell and Taylor Forthofer of Bonefish Systems.